Turn your Troubles into Triumphs!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Chronic Illness is Felt by the Entire Family

2011 was a year I will never forget. I knew something was terribly wrong. It felt like the flu but much worse. Pain started in my jaw and hands and gradually made it's way throughout my body. This pain was a lot like a tooth ache, but worse. And it was in every join in my body... every day. I was so tired and week that I became out of breath just walking from my bedroom to the kitchen. I couldn't grasp things in my hands. I couldn't hold a pen to sign my name. I have 3 beautiful, happy, healthy and busy kids and I could not keep up with them. There was a day when I had fun being a mom. I enjoyed play dates at the park, hiking, swimming and going on field trips. Suddenly I could not climb the bleachers at my son's basketball games, I could not sew dance costumes or fix my daughter's hair.


Rheumatoid arthritis is not "just arthritis" it is not something to ignore. Seek treatment and take an active role in your health. Do it for yourself and your family.
I was told there was nothing wrong, I had chronic fatigue, I had busy mom syndrome, and even called lazy. Did people really think I chose to live this way? That I didn't care about myself or my family? Things had to change.

I kept seeking help from different doctors and finally, in 2011, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease that causes pain and inflammation in the joints and limits mobility. Waking up every morning in excruciating pain, I hated how I felt. And when I looked in the mirror I hated what I saw.












I remember sitting in the waiting room at the rheumatologist's office surrounded by people of all ages, young children to the very old, who were fighting this disease. I had no idea how serious RA was and it was sobering to see it's devastation right there in front of me.

rheumatoid arthritis is a serious chronic condition. Learn how to manage your symptoms with clean eating and fitness.


Eat clean, whole foods to help ease the symptoms of RA
I was forced to make some changes. The only chance I had of bouncing back form this condition was to take an active role in my health care. I asked a lot of questions, joined support groups and did my homework. I learned that there was a direct relationship between how I ate and how I felt. The driving force behind RA is chronic inflammation which may also contribute to other diseases like heart disease, diabetes and many forms of cancer. Chronic inflammation is like a wildfire within your body. You can't see it but you sure can feel it's destruction.


For most of us, medication is not an option - it's a necessity. But it's also only part of the treatment. The best way you can help yourself is to eliminate the things from your diet and environment that trigger inflammation. Begin by eating clean - eliminating processed and fast foods and limit sugar and alcohol. Then make an effort to manage stress and exercise to the best of your ability and you're off to a good start. The transformation for me was slow; but with healthy food, exercise and lifestyle changes, I was able to successfully turn my health around.

Chronic inflammation and Rheumatoid arthritis changes your life. Become and active participant in your health and wellness.

Make a promise to yourself today to treat your body and your life like the precious gift that it is.

Start Today!

  • Learn about clean eating and an anti-inflammatory diet. 
  • Educate yourself and seek support, share ideas and "team-up" with others who have similar health concerns. 
  • Talk to your doctor about fitness options like yoga, pilates, walking, swimming & Beachbody (You'll be surprised by how many doctors support Beachbody). 
  • Don't expect too much too soon. 
  • Remember that this is a process - a lifestyle change, and every day is a small step towards regaining your health. 
  • Focus on progress not perfection. 
  • Fitness that is easy on the joints and tough on fat!
  • And, most importantly, never give up. Everything that you do, or fail to do, affects someone else too. Most directly your spouse and kids. Become the person you want them to be. 
Manage rheumatoid arthritis the natural way with clean eating and fitness. Find a program that works for you.

I'm a firm believer that everyone needs to find their own formula for wellness. What worked for me is not the answer for everyone. But I hope my story inspires others to seek treatment. Eating clean and regular fitness is something everyone can benefit from no matter what physical condition you are in. In

 I decided to become a Beachbody coach so I could have to chance to share my success and help others achieve their goals and become happy, healthy and fit!
my opinion, Beachbody has the best programs to help beginners ease into fitness. They provide much more than just an exercise DVD. Beachbody offers a complete wellness system. Each program includes a planned fitness program, simple meal plans and support structured to meet all your needs. I host online fitness and nutrition challenge groups every month and hope to help others become well and reach their goals. I believe in Beachbody's programs and products and I'm convinced that you will like them too. I decided to become a Beachbody coach so I could have to chance to share my success and help others achieve their goals and become happy, healthy and fit!

Each day of our challenge, I will personally guide you through the program through a private Facebook group. You will receive meal plans, recipes and shopping lists for FREE. I will provide options for people on modified diets including gluten free and paleo. I will also be available to answer questions and provide you with encouragement and motivation to help you achieve success. But best of all, you will have the support of other participants, just like you, who want to eat healthier and feel better.

Join a future challenge group by filling out the application below or email me for more information:

brendalajay@gmail.com



Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Brenda