From Tired & Tangled to Happy & Healthy

Monday, August 15, 2016


Beachbody fitness program and coaching helped me recover from rheumatoid arthritis and start living a more fulfilling life. Brenda Ajay, Beachbody coach brendalajay@gmail.com
#TransformationTuesday
I love Tuesdays! I love reading all the amazing transformations in social media. The stories are inspiring and the photos are revealing, but I love that people are honest and unselfish about sharing their experiences. So here's a big high five for everyone out there who shares their story, because someone, somewhere, is going to read it and be changed by it forever.

But often times the story attached to the #TT is only part of the picture. Transformations can be just as much about how you feel as how you look. And most people who start off just wanting to lose weight or improve their health will end up finding so much more.

That's exactly what happened to me. You see, I didn't just wake up one day and decide to become a Beachbody coach. In fact, that was the last thing on my mind. Instead, I found myself with a chronic illness. I was over 40, I was a stay-at-home mom to 3 very busy kids, and I was suffering from debilitating pain and constant fatigue. It lasted for 9 long months before I was finally diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy joint tissue. Although there is no cure for RA, it is possible to manage its symptoms, and that's where my journey with Beachbody and my physical transformation began.

When you're that sick, for so long, it forces you to start thinking about quality of life goals. Not only did I want to lose weight and gain mobility, but I desperately wanted to start living a more fulfilling life. I started thinking about my "someday" dreams and goals - things I dreamed of doing someday when the time was right. And as I became stronger and healthier physically, I convinced myself that it was time to start working on a bigger transformation and start living the life that I dreamed about.

Today I am successfully managing my RA in part with food and fitness. I decided to become a Beachbody coach because I wanted to inspire others to become healthy and live a happy and fulfilling life. I am also a travel consultant, something I passionately wanted to do - someday. When people ask me why I don't just settle for one or the other, I explain that becoming stronger and feeling well again was just the starting point. My transformation gave me the inner strength to seek more. Climbing to the top of the mountain wasn't enough. I wanted everything on the other side. I wanted to live the life that I dreamed of.

Travel is a dream come true, and coaching is a dream that keeps me strong and healthy. I don't make excuses, lots of people work more than one job. For me it's a lot like having more than one child - I love them both equally, even though they are very different.

I went from feeling tired and tangled to healthy and happy, and it all started with a simple exercise program to help me get back on my feet again! I keep it up because working out and eating healthy each and every day helps me think more clearly, have more energy and less pain, stay better focused and organized and get more done. I'm a better wife and mother, and a better travel consultant and coach. This is my story. Maybe you can relate to it. I choose to thrive, not just survive. Maybe you will too.

Are you ready to start your transformation? I would love to hear your story! 

Email me at brendalajay@gmail.com or find me on social media.



Brenda

No comments :