Hi There!

Sunday, February 22, 2015


Every once in a while we all feel the need to do something impulsive. No excuses, no rhyme or reason, just a selfish little desire to do something for the hell of it. That's what I did. I was planning to go to Disney on 2 months and I wanted to lose some weight - fast. In the past, I tried every diet fad that came along. I'd lose a little then end up gaining it all back. On top of that, I was battling Rheumatoid Arthritis which only added to the weight gain and frustration. I did this back-and-forth yoyo dieting for years and I was sick and tired of not getting results. I was ready for a change.

I saw an add on Facebook for a Beachbody fitness program called 21 Day Fix by Autumn Calabrese. It looked like it was just the thing I needed. I was already in the process of making some lifestyle changes. I learned that certain foods were triggering my condition and that by avoiding gluten and processed foods I could manage my RA and find relief. I signed up for a free Beachbody account with a coach and eagerly ordered the program. 21 Day Fix was a combination nutrition and fitness program. I followed along for a while then slacked off as other priorities came a long. I had 50 pounds to lose - I lost 5. I didn't commit and I didn't see results. I took another trip to Disney disappointed in myself and how I looked and felt. When I returned from vacation I met with my doctor. The good news is that after 3 years my RA was completely in remission. From here on out, he explained, it was up to me to feel better. Clean eating played a big role in getting my life back to normal but I now needed to lose the added weight that was putting strain on my joints.

I was following Melanie, my Beachbody coach, on Facebook and was inspired by her own health and fitness journey as well as the stories of the countless other people Beachbody has helped. Some of the transformations were incredible. People just like me who found success, and are living their best life ever. It was time to take advantage of my free Beachbody membership and seek advice. I tried the 21 Day Fix again, with daily Shakeology and finally, was seeing some results. I began to feel my old self come back and I felt ready for a challenge. Beachbody just released a new program called P90, a less intense lower impact version of the original P90x. Melanie invited a few people to a P90 Challenge Group. The 90 day challenge was perfect. Held through a closed Facebook group, only group members could view posts. Working out in our own own homes, on our own schedules, everyone received meal plans, recipes and healthy eating tips, replaced 1 meal each day with Shakeology and got the 1:1 support of a coach and encouragement of peers. I was feeling impulsive...what did I have to lose besides a few more pounds.

As it turns out, the group was a great experience. I liked the team spirit, cheering each other on and celebrating each other's successes. I looked forward to signing on each day and hearing from my new pals. It was hard work - but it was fun too. Finally, I saw results and other people noticed. I began to look and feel younger and - I had to buy new clothes!

Today, I enjoy sharing my experience and helping others achieve their own health and fitness goals. Believe me, it's possible. No matter how old you are, how busy you are, what kind of shape you're in... improving your health and living your best life is possible!

Brenda

No comments :